Whether you are a new or experienced paddler, there is always room for developing your SUP paddle technique. This SUP Tips infographic from Starboard and World Champion SUP racer Connor Baxter beaks down the fundamentals movements and body positions required for a great stand up paddleboard technique.
- Squeeze stomach muscles in
- Draw imaginary circles with the top hand
- Fully extend your elbow and keep the arm straight
- Keep knees bent and loose
- Remember, always wear a leash
If you’re looking for professional help with your paddle technique, some of our SUP partners offer lessons and coaching for paddlers of all abilities.